Thursday 18 July 2013

Day 21 Leh Shanti Stupa

Feeling much better today, as it is a rest day. Well that is what it is called anyway. I went for a look around the Leh market, I found it to be more civilised than Delhi, with a lot less pressure selling. I bought a few bits & pieces. Can't buy to much as there is no room, lucky me. Jon-Luke decided to watch TV while I away. But in true Indian fashion, over half of the 3 hours I was away the power was off. I found some humour in that.
When I came back we went for a nice lunch, & at 4.00pm Atul had organised a trip to the Indian Army Hall of Fame, went in for a quick look but that left me dead cold, I am not into that. Then off to Shanti Stupa, a temple shine type building, it was awesome, perched on top of a hill as per usual. It was very pretty, don't think that was the right choice of word. Anyway a well worth while visit. We went there at sunset as the view from the top was absolutely awesome.
We decided to have a different dinner to the normal fair, Jon-Luke had Pizza & chips, I had Wonton Soup & a beer, a welcome change. Vince an Aussie we have befriended joined us, overall a pleasant night.
Off to bed earlyish as we are up at sparrow fart tomorrow for an early start.



No comments:

Post a Comment