Monday 8 July 2013

Day 11 Manali Stopover

Stopover Manali.
Lucky we have had no wifi, as if I had written this while I was crook I would have had to edit out all of my misery. LOL. Anyway lazy day today, very few photos. Jon-Luke is happy watching movies, I am on the veranda writing this. Will shoot into town for another look, change some money. There are some local temples I might visit, but it is raining.
I walked into town& found this great little internet cafe, which serves great coffee. :-)
You see strange signs, & sights, plus a picture where I had my shave.
Had a great shave, face, head & neck massage for 500 rupees, $11.00NZ. Great close blade shave to.
Big day tomorrow, leaving at 4.00am, doing 200kms, water crossings & mud to look forward to.
A couple of observations, cows can do anything, they sleep in the middle of the road & you have to go around them. I am getting used to using the horn constantly, you have to or no one lets you through or passed. Atul likens the horn to a Jedi Lightsaver, to carve your way through traffic.
This country is so chaotic, & appears so disorganised yet it all seems to work. Incredible.
Could be a few more days before we get wifi again.
I would like to thank people for there comments & viewing my blog, it makes the effort worth it, glad your enjoying it.




2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you got Delhi belly Richard, glad you are getting used to the shambolic traffic, it gets better as you head up higher, cheers warwick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richard enjoying your blog, sitting in wellington enduring another shitty southerly weekend. keep the rubber on the road. cheers Steve Taylor

    ReplyDelete